Monday, February 1, 2010

work

so today was a very slow day at work. but my favorite none the less. a couple comes strolling into my store, and i strike up a conversation with the two. they were both very cute and very funny. i love these kind of moments when guests actually interact with me. this couple was just getting into pin trading and so i thought i would help them out. we finally get to the check out when his wife, who was in a wheel chair asked if we had any tinker bell pins. unfortunately, we were out, but i informed them that if they picked out one of the mystery pins, then they might get one, or could just trade with me since i had one. so they bought one, and had me pick it out. low and behold, it was tinkerbell. the wife was thrilled and they thanked me and left so that i could help out the next guest. well i start helping out the next guest when the husband comes running back in and throws a nice lovely balloon animal onto my register. He quickly said how grateful he was for my interaction and ran out of my store before i could get a thank you out. oh how the little things in life just brighten up your day. this is a job that i thoroughly enjoy and is helping grow into a better person.

on another note, i was informed that my leads have recommended me for a lead position. a manager came to talk to me about it today.... lots on my mind

2 Quips:

Courtney said...

Wow Mandi!! When were you going to tell us?! I have been texting yo all day punk!

Kimi said...

lol, love you girl. Hope you have many more days that are favorites!