Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stories from the Westside ~ Ranger Ricky

Ranger Ricky to the right.
As for my next installment of "Stories from the Westside", time to highlight my dad. My Pops is a great man, who had, as most of us know, an interesting childhood. Many stories are told of my dad from when he was younger, and all of them are the most hilarious stories I have ever heard! A little bit about my dad, we as a family like to call him Ranger Ricky, he is quite the mountain man. So most of his stories are from when he was hiking, camping, or exploring the mountains. When he was younger, my grandma would just drop my dad and his friends off at one side of the mountain, he'd leave for about a week, and then mysteriously pop up back at home. He enjoyed bonding with nature, and my grandma enjoyed a bit more peaceful home...we always joke about that.

But now onto a classic Ranger Ricky story. One week, my dad and his friend Chris went up through the mountains, as usual. They were hiking through the mountains when Chris happened upon a purse with some of it's contents spilled out. Said contents included a couple of tampons, a diamond ring, a roll of mini camera negatives, and some other personal items. Now, being the curious lads they were, they started checking out these contents. Chris starts looking at the negatives to find that....uh.....well let's just say they were some peculiar pictures. Then my dad starts to examine the diamond ring. This then leaves to tampon.... Oh boy, Chris just couldn't contain his curiosity from examining the tampon. So he starts to crack one open when he notices something green and familiar inside the applicator.... Shock and amazed, he realizes that inside the tampon, there was a total of 150 dollars inside. *I wish my tampons would come with money, us girls deserve something in return, am I right ladies?* That's right, whoever the owner was, used her tampon as a wallet....ha ha Unbelievable! Personally, I don't think it's such a good idea. Chris then freaks out, thinking the money is free-gain. But my dad, as honest as he is, convinced Chris to turn it into the cops. So they did, and it had a 30 day wait on the claim. So they waited, but unfortunately, it was gone. Many rumors have evolved as to where the money went, but we will never know for sure what happened to the tampon money.........