Monday, October 26, 2009

Disneyland or Bust!

IT'S OFFICIAL!
I'm going to DISNEYLAND!
I've paid my entrance fees, signed up for my arrival date, and now have blogged about it. :)
How much more official could it get?
I found out last Thursday.
I was working when my sister had called. I was in the library so of course I ignored the call.
After that, she called me two more times. Noticing how persistent she was, I texted her that I was in the library and asked what the emergency was.
She texts back: You totally just got something in the mail from Disney!!!
After reading that, in all honesty my heart sunk.
It was only barely two weeks after the interview, and they told me it would take about 4 weeks. So naturally I thought it was a rejection letter.
I finished up my work in the library, while still ignoring my sister's calls until I finally left.
Once I was out, I called her back and told her to get it over with and to read to me what it said.
She then opens it up and begins to read... to herself. haha
I then hear her laughing and screaming.
She then exclaims: "Mandi, Disney wants you! You made it!!"
I then proceeded to do a happy dance... haha I was ecstatic!!
I immediatly started to call my family and tell them the good news!
I saved the Heybornes for last, and luckily the whole family was in the car.
I beated around the bush a bit till I finally spilled the beans.
"I'm movin to California!"
Trisha started to scream, and tells the family that I got the job at Disneyland. I could hear the kids as they were all exclaiming how excited they were that their aunt would work for Disneyland.
Needless to say, I'm soooo excited, and I am grateful that I have such loving and supporting family that are there with me on this new adventure of my life.
Even if the ones in California are a little bit biased. ;)
DISNEYLAND OR BUST:
My arrival date is January 17th, 2010.
Ends about August 12th, 2010.
COME VISIT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
AND ME!!!!

2 Quips:

Karli said...

That is so crazy Mandi!! But so exciting!!! I can't wait to come visit you!! Spring Break??? I think so!! YAY MANDI!!!!!

Danielle said...

How fun! Congrats! Kimi is lucky to have you close by to help out with the new baby!