Friday, June 13, 2008

Back From Camp?

Wow... I made it out of camp alive! I braved the elements and beat all those wussy grizzly bears. But for reals, this camp was the most interesting one yet. Probably one of the most memorable ones too. What a way to go right? Here's camp in a nutshell: Driving up a mountain in Kamas and almost gettin chased off by a crazy driver, trying to set up the most confusing tent ever, gettin toasted and roasted at the devotional (thought it would never end), rousing games of spaz and scum, smoking at the fire pit (all my clothes smell like camp fire and my hair), becoming the most annoying ward there (not that hard, and we like it!), serenading by none other than Kent Hercules at night, waking up to TWO INCHES of snow, nakey time, frozen limbs, great food and hot chocolate, getting wasted on "licorice", losing my voice, camp being cancelled, swimming at a pretty sweet rec center in kamas (time to thaw out at the hot tub), camp back on when we get home, great fireside, camping at the koch's with pizza, little rascal's, and scum, and a day filled with crafts, games, dinner and testimony meeting over at a leader's house. Now, i'll let you be the judge, but i think that we can consider it camping. Ha Ha but seriously, we go from hot to extreme cold weather! I was wearing about 6 layers. Now at first, I didn't want to go simply because i would have been the oldest one there by like 2 years and i wanted to go play with friends. But i thought, this is my last year so i should go. This ended up being a great time and i am glad i went. I love all of the other girls and we all had a fantastic time! Here are some of the great pics i took:

Camp the very first night...

Camp the next morning. (down to about 20 degrees)


My fellow gangsta, Shadow. (aka Sara)


Gangsta's unite! (Westside and Shadow)



My Girls...


Rockin around in the back of a car goin 40 mph up a mountain.

Makings of the most annoying ward at camp!

Winter Wonderland!

2 Quips:

Karli said...

wow. that's crazy. i have never heard of a summer girls camp being cancelled because of snow

Kimi said...

SNOW!?!? That's crazy! are you ever going to be home this summer? You know so I could actually hang out with you?