Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stories From the West Side

Alright, so when the fam gets together, we love to tell stories. Alot of them seem to be of everyone's darker days. But still all of them are way hilarious and we all love to tell them repeatedly. By now, no one really takes offense cause the stories are so old. So I've decided that I'll write like an annual post sharing these great stories in a segment I like to call, "Stories from the West Side". As for a first post, I'd like to start off with a classic, and of course it's about me (alot of the stories seem to be about me). When I was younger, I had a "wild" imagination. I also loved to play dress up and pretend I was someone else. One day, I decided to put on a show for the family. So I decided to dress up as "Jaque", a french dude. I put on a cute little tight outfit, cut out a mustache, made a microphone out of a foil ball and a knife, and made a stage in the living room. I think I most likely got the idea from a movie. But then, I would pretend to leave the house so that when "Jaque" came and left, I'd come back and pretend like i had no idea who Jaque was. Well, when i left, i would make tickets for my show and leave them on my porch that told my family to go in the living room. Then "Jaque" of course would make his grand entrance. "Jaque" was super talented. He would sing while he did the tango with his assistant (a bear), and a rose in his mouth. He also had a wicked french accent. But he always left the crowd wanting more, and I to this day have still never met "Jaque" yet. I just have this pic to remind me of his days.

2 Quips:

Kimi said...

I miss Jacque! You were such a cute kid and know you are great young lady!

Amie said...

Haha. Mandi. You are rockin'. I totally remember you doing stuff like this...I even remember you looking like this...