Wednesday, June 24, 2009

San to the Fran

So I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to join some friends and classmates on a trip, DURING SCHOOL, to San Francisco. This was for my AP Art History class, and it's my most memorable time from my senior year. I absolutely love San Francisco, it is a spectacular city. Somehow we managed to fit ALL of the tourist attractions into the four days we were there and more! So instead of writing a novel, here are the highlights.

1- Extra long bus tour rides after a flight.

2- GREAT ROOMIES! From left to right: Amber Adamson, Kelsey Brown, and Megan Whitehead. Love these girlies. We had many fun and... late nights :)
3- Great friends who are always there for each other... really, meg just owned mike.

4- Very active and very fun church at Glide Memorial services. Lots of singing, and they were phenomenal. We found ourselves standing up and clapping alot. We also had an interesting sermon from a very enthused man.

5- The Golden Gate Bridge of course!


6- A favorite, and constant visit, the Ghirardelli Chocolate factory. Very scrumptious chocolate sundaes there. So divine!

7- Cheesecake Factory. Fun company and great food it was a great time. However, we lost track of time and were super late for our lecture. Whoops! So we got our cheesecake and dashed back to the hotel, on the otherside of town. But the best part was our, very very late night sneak out cheesecake party.
8- The Farmers Market was so big! So many vendors and entertainment, it was a lot of fun! They sold amazing food like fresh fruits and delicious pastries to interesting trinkets and great clothing.

9-Next, we had to visit the second most crookedest street in the world. (Wall Street being the first. *Cue laughter*) That was a joke from our favorite trolley man. But this is at the top of Lombard Street a must see attraction. If you've seen What's Up Doc?, you may know what I'm talking about!
10- I miss this spot the most! We found this little beach spot while walking around the piers. It was so much fun! Even though the water was freezing, we played in it anyways. Also, we had an amazing view of the most amazing sunset! Oh the memories. :)
11- When we were tired, we found we had the most fun just walking around the streets and piers and seeing all that San Francisco had to offer.
12- I also LOVED the scenery. The landscaping was absolutely gorgeous all over San Francisco. They also had many artistical pieces everywhere.
13- These beauties are called the Painted Ladies. You might remember the yellow one from such series as Full House!! That's right, that was their house!
14- The trolley rides were definately a must when experiencing San Francisco. Or so everyone told us, and they were right!
Also, with such a tight fit, we were able to get to know each other a little bit better than we did. ;)
14- Then last but not least, Wicked for a second time, this time at the Orpheum. It was phenomenal, just how I remembered it. I love that broadway show. I also got to make a new friend seeing how we had to split everyone up. I was put next to an old lady who sat their and reminisced days back when she used to act. She was a HOOT, but talked throughout the whole show. It was great.
15-And let's not forget the whole reason why I was down there for. THE ART! I loved all of it. It was definately a new experience. We witnessed favorites from Rodin to Marc Rothko. AHHHH! It was simply AMAZING! The MOMA was my favorite, which was the Museum of Modern Art. Modern Art is just so interesting to me! Here are some of my favorites, just to list a few!

And who could forget the weird artistic films we saw in the exhibits. Artistic is the key word here... keep that in mind when you watch this sample.

I realize there were a lot of highlights, and some I even missed! But I feel it's better if you all just go experience it for yourselves! I promise you will love it!

0 Quips: